Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vacation's Over

I just got back last night, so now it's Mom duty for the next 2 months. I had a great month off, I think I only cooked twice all month. Made like a tourist in LA, did a road trip to Northern CA to see friends, did my annual Xmas cookie bake day and spent the holidays with my family...it was wonderful. I don't have any resolutions while I'm here because I really don't think I can keep them. I'll continue with my kickboxing routine and get caught up on my travel blog. I do hope to make some progress in making plans for Mom's future care and comfort. I also plan to get more time off, on a more regular basis, than last time...so we'll see. I had a talk with Mom this morning saying that I don't want to be cooking dinner for 6 or 7 people every night, I told her "I'm here to care for you and everyone else has to take care of themselves". She agreed but you know I'm in LaLa land if I believe that.
The temps in Florida went down to the 30's last night and have been for the last few; the house was 48 degrees inside when I got here. I think it would have been great if someone had thought to turn the heater on before I got here...but that's just me.
So wish me luck...by the way I have my medication just in case the eczema comes back, and of course...HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment