Monday, November 2, 2009

Closet Editing

My mother's house is filled with things that friends and relatives give her once they are done with them or don't have room for in their home, hence the house is full of junk. She has clothes ranging in size from 4 petite to size 14. My mom is just 4 ft. 9 in., and weighs in at about 102, so much of the stuff is just taking up space. My job is to thin things out, or as interior designers say "edit". I do my editing once my Mom has gone to bed; she would keep it all, burying herself in mounds of cast offs. I bag up stuff to take to goodwill and take them with me when I leave for the gym at 6 in the morning. I only have to make sure to avoid taking her to the particular second hand store, or else she may recognize some items or even worse bring them home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment